Leaves of Life

Click Here
Leaves of Life
Bible Study Tools  |  Devotionals  |  Christian Living  |  Christian Faith  |  Online Community
Sunday, August 8, 2010 Email Email   Facebook Facebook TwitterTwitter   Print Print   Free Newsletters Free Newsletters

AUGUST EIGHTH

  • Charles A. Dana born 1819.
  • Laurence Hutton born 1843.
  • Cecile Chaminade born 1861.

Lo! all the glory gone!
God's masterpiece undone!
The last created and the first to fall;
The noblest, frailest, godliest of all.

Child of the humble sod,
Wed with the breath of God,
Descend! for with the lowest thou must lie--
Arise! thou hast inherited the sky.

--John B. Tabb.

Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations; I cannot reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
--Louisa M. Alcott.

I will lift up mine eyes unto the mountains:
From whence shall my help come?

--Psalm 121. 1.

Heavenly Father, may I see as I raise my eyes to the mountains that without the deep shadows there would be no vision of the high-light, and still higher may I see that without the sun there would be no color to encircle the rainbow. And beyond, O Father, may I believe that without the shadow of the cross we could not have the glory of the resurrection. May I keep the vision clear. Amen.

Online Bible Study Tools
Read through the Bible and
other Bible study resources:
bible.christianity.com

Click Here
•  ChristianBook.com

•  Affordable online degrees

•  Better Homeschooling

•  Orphans need your help!

•  Publish Your Book

Christianity.com is a member of the Salem Web Network of sites including:

• Crosswalk.com

• LightSource.com

• ChristianJobs.com

• CrossCards.com

• SermonSearch.com

• Oneplace.com
Send a FREE Ecard! More FREE Ecards
A Birthday Prayer
Look Up
Chickin' In!
He Cares For You
Click Here